As I wrapped up this myriad of tasks (inventory, repair, reorganization, etc.), I could not believe that it was truly June -- although the calendar surely claimed it. As with every year, I felt that I was just here, figuring out schedules, meeting new teachers, and getting everything spiffed up again. I say it every year, but time does indeed fly.
And though the time has flown, there are moments that will stay with me.
The first time kindergarten came to the library (and I wore a cape).
The day I dressed up like Rapunzel for a kindergarten's fairy tale unit. Here is my yarn braid.
The excitement when our new books arrived -- Always a joy!
The fun frenzy of book fairs -- Families celebrating books!
The countless book recommendations--I am privileged to give them--
The volunteers who helped in so many ways -- I am so grateful!
The database lessons -- Information available to us!
The read-alouds -- With laughter and surprise and suspense!
The countless books! The wonderful, rich, and life-changing books --
I really couldn't name every special moment -- each is beautiful in its own way. Surely, my memory will fail me because there are so many -- but most definitely each one remains a part of me and the walls and shelves and empty spaces of the library. Some will come back to me when I least expect it.
As my summer begins, I will continue to share books here. And look expectantly towards the busy beginning of another year -- and more treasured moments.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment