The American Library Association's Annual Conference just wrapped up in Orlando -- in the Orange County Convention Center seen below. I think I took a pretty good photo of it!
In my long treks to and from the OCCC, I read that it was the second largest convention center in the country. I believe it! (Do you know who has the largest convention center in the United States? I've been there, too! Read below for the answer.)*
And while the weather was unbearably hot and miserable, my payoff was seeing friends, connecting with authors, illustrators, and publishers, and of course, hearing about and reading some wonderful books! This event is always a highlight of my summer!
And there is so much I could tell about ALA 2016! In fact, when I return from ALA Annual each year, I always need some processing time to document my learning and decide what my new knowledge will mean for me and, most importantly, the readers in my library. (It will take more than one post to cover it.)
But I thought I would start with books! That's always a good place, isn't it? Below are pics of just some of the books I saw at the booths -- just a sampling! Many thanks to the publishers who greeted me, answered my questions, informed me with wonderful book talks, and put books in my hands! Thanks, also, for allowing me to read display copies at the booth! I wish I had more time to visit every booth at length, but there were so many events calling for my attention!
My to-read list is longer, and my heart is more full after #alaac16! I know this about myself: being around books makes me incredibly happy, and that's just one of the reasons why I love attending ALA Annual each year!
*The largest convention center in North America is McCormick Place in Chicago!

No comments:
Post a Comment