The end of the school year has arrived, and that means time moves faster now. Field Day, inventories, end-of-year assemblies, and farewells are part of our days. Just yesterday we were preparing for the new year by buying new supplies and arranging furniture. Librarians are also wrapping up the year, and perhaps submitting an annual report (as I did last week).
But though we will almost turn another page of the calendar, and June is right around the corner, I still hold on to this:
Reading is still important. And so are the books. And so is the learning. Especially the learning.
There are more lessons that remain. There are more opportunities to share. Finding these opportunities and moments now will be even more important and meaningful than ever. Opportunities don't always fit our calendar.
There are more lessons that remain. There are more opportunities to share. Finding these opportunities and moments now will be even more important and meaningful than ever. Opportunities don't always fit our calendar.
How am I living this living this out in my own corner of the world?
- I just signed up to participate in Global Maker Day on Tuesday, May 17th. I'll watch the hashtag on Twitter and set out some maker challenges for readers as they come in the library. I’ve already told my staff about it, and my fellow district librarians will be participating, too.
- On Tuesday evening, I will be joining my Texas librarian colleagues for #txlchat. The topic is — appropriate for this post — "Librarians As Lead Learners". I know I will learn during this chat: I always do.
- And, of course, I am still reading. Soon, summer reading will begin, and I want to get a headstart. Of course, I never really stopped.
How will you end the year?

No comments:
Post a Comment