A few days passed and we went to a seafood restaurant for dinner JUST so I could try a crab cake sandwich. Once again, my life was revolving around a book. :-)
After I ordered, I became very excited about tasting the sandwich. I thought the taste might bring me right back to the story. Since I have been to Maine, I also hoped it would make me feel like I was right back there. I was hoping for a lot!
After the sandwich arrived at my table, and I had a chance to taste it, I was pretty happy with my choice. Since I live in Texas, the crab wasn't probably the freshest, but it was good enough for dinner. Cruncy and perfect with a side of sciracha sauce!
After our meal, I was asked -- once again -- why I'd ordered a crab cake sandwich. (It was probably the most unusual meal at our table.) I had no problem saying that it was something I'd read in a book. The look I received after my reply said: "Of course she ordered something because she read it in a book!" It made perfect sense to my dinner companions. And to me. Eating the sandwich made me happy, and it also made me think of the book.
This sandwich event in my life made me think about other foods I'd ordered because they were mentioned in a book. I then remembered that I sought garlic knots one day because they were mentioned in Saint Anything (Viking, 2015).
Have you ever ordered a meal just because it was mentioned in a book of fiction?

No comments:
Post a Comment