Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2016

My Name in a Book

When I first read Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library (Random House Kids, 2013), I remember enjoying all of its clues, puzzles and book titles! I also loved reading about Mr. Lemoncello's very high-tech, "dream" library. Truly, it's a fun book for anyone who loves books and libraries!



So I was really happy that at #txla14, I had the privilege of meeting Chris Grabenstein, the book's author. By this point, I'd read the book at least 2 times!

At the next TLA Conference in 2015,  I met up with Mr. Grabenstein again, and found out about  his next book, Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics. 

I received an advanced copy of Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics and saw that Mr. Grabenstein  had mentioned me in the book!! On page 48!! Mr. Grabenstein even signed my copy!


When the book was published in January, I could hardly wait to check page 48:


And there it was! My name in a book! Imagine my surprise and happiness! 

I am grateful to Chris for including me in Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics as the coach of the Southwest team! In the book, Mr. Lemoncello has organized the Library Olympics, and teams from all over the country have gathered to compete. But along the way,  there is a mystery that must be solved: books from Mr. Lemoncello's library are missing! Who is trying to keep readers from these books? Why? 


The book's display at the Random House Kids booth at ALA MidWinter 2016


I still really can't believe my name is in a book -- but all I have to do is check p. 48, and there it is! 

This proves to me once again that books bring joy and wonderful surprises! 


1 comment: