Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading? 1/13/14



I'm joining Jen and Kellee in their Monday Meme called "It's Monday! What are you reading?" Visit Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to get some great book recommendations!

We went back to school this past week, and as I asked our students to think about reading resolutions, I thought about my own, too. I decided to set my reading goal as a quantity, but with a caveat: that I would enjoy every book to its fullest even if it meant not accomplishing my goal. I've been setting goals for my reading for a few years now, and each time I do, I learn something that helps me understand the process of reading. This, in turn, helps me when I confer with the young readers in our library.

Here's what I read this week:



THE CAMPING TRIP THAT SAVED AMERICA by Barb Rosenstock; illus. by Mordicai Gerstein
Published by: Dial
Published: 2012
Pages: 32
Nonfiction


JANE, THE FOX & ME by Fanny Britt, Isabelle Arsenault, Christine Morelli (translation)
Published by: Groundwood Books
Published: 2013
Graphic Novel (middle school on up)



BEAR HAS A STORY TO TELL by Phillip C. Stead; illus. by Erin E. Stead
Published by: Roaring Book Press
Published: 2012
Pages: 32



THE ANIMAL BOOK by Steve Jenkins
Published: 2012
Published by: HMH Books for Young Readers
Pages: 208




THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS by Betsy Byars
Published: 1971 
Published by: Viking Juvenile 
Pages: 144
Newbery Medal Winner - 1971
(A  reread for me!) 



THE ADVENTURES OF A SOUTH POLE PIG by Chris Kurtz
Published: 2013
Published by: HMH Books for Young Readers

Regarding my reading plans for the week, I'm noticing that I don't always read what I plan to read. Sometimes another title is best!

What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment