The thoughts of an elem. librarian who loves children's literature, libraries, technology, writing, ---and throughout it all must wear cute shoes!
Monday, October 7, 2013
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
On Mondays, many librarians and teachers join a meme called "It's Monday! What are you reading?" It's hosted by my friend Jen over at Teach Mentor Texts. Check out the link or follow the #IMWAYR hashtag on Twitter to see more great titles and add to your shelves!
I'm happy to share what I read this past week:
Paperboy by Vince Vawter
Published: May 14, 2013
Published by: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pages: 240
Lifetime: The Amazing Numbers of Animals Lives by Lola M. Schaefer
Published by: Chronicle Books
Pages: 40
Published: Sept. 24, 2013
The Mouse with the Question Mark Tail by Richard Peck
Published: July 2, 2013
Published by: Dial Books for Young Readers
Pages: 224
How Do Dinosaurs Say I'm Mad? by Jane Yolen & Mark Teague
Published: Sept. 24, 2013
Published by: The Blue Sky Press
Pages: 40
The Year of Billy Miller by Kevin Henkes
Published: Sept. 17, 2013
Published by: Greenwillow Books
Pages: 240
Bugs in My Hair by David Shannon
Published: Aug. 27, 2013
Published by: The Blue Sky Press
Pages: 32
Despite a busy, busy time at school with book fair prep, I managed to get a lot of reading done! I am so proud of that! In truth, having all of the books around me inspired me to amp up my reading.
What am I reading now?
What are you reading this week?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Aww, the adventures of south pole pig looks really nice. And a new David Shannon picture book? Nice! Will look out for these titles next time I visit our library.
ReplyDeleteHi Cynthia! We have shared some recent reads. I just finished and loved Billy Miller and Paperboy is one of my favourite titles of the year. Hope you are LOVING your new role and thrilled to see you are still getting in so much great reading! Best to you this fall!
ReplyDeleteBugs in my hair looks yucky but I'll bet kids will love it. I was middle of the road with Billy Miller although everyone else seemed to love it. I even read it twice. I loved The Paperboy. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteOh Cynthia! I really have not been doing a good job of keeping up with my reading lately. You have inspired me to at the bare minimum keep my Goodreads updated! Love reading your post my friend! :-D
ReplyDelete