Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

A Learning Journey


As of the writing of this blog post, I've been an elementary librarian for one entire week. And, though I've only been at this destination for a short while, I have already learned so much.

In fact, in most tasks I've carried out, there is something learned. Sending out a schedule, putting up a display, and checking on the computers--these have all provided an unsolicited lesson about what to do next time. Yes, I am my own evaluator and critic first before anyone else has the chance.

Next step in the journey: tomorrow I will see classes for the first time. It will be a day-long performance task that I have designed for myself, assessed against a rubric that I have yet to see.

To perform well, I will remind myself that it is all about the readers that enter the library--as well as those that do not.

Against that criteria. all of my actions will be judged. 

Throughout it all, I WILL be wearing cute shoes. And having a wonderful time, too! 

Stay tuned for the score! I cannot wait to see it myself.

What I'm reading now:


WILD BORN: Spirit Animals Book #1 by Brandon Mull
Published by: Scholastic
Publication date: Sept. 10, 2013

Thank you to Scholastic for the ARC provided at ALA 2013! I'm really enjoying this book far! 







.

No comments:

Post a Comment