It's been a while since I've posted, but like most teachers, I have been very busy.
I am working hard to create a classroom community, develop readers and writers, utilize digital tools, and keep learning and growing as a teacher. Whew!
Despite the demands on our time, I am determined to make our classroom a place where students create products to share (soon!) with the globe. I started slowly with Edmodo where we discuss books, and now I am using Voicethread. We've slowly begun commenting on our classroom blog, and now we are working on writing quality posts. Through the comments, I teach capitalization, punctuation, spelling, and grammar!
To keep it all straight, I use my iPad and a great app called Home Routine. I can combine household tasks with school ones, and I feel great when I can mark something off!
I will post more this week about QR codes and CAFE.
What are you learning this week?
More to come soon!
How do you use voicethread in your classroom? You say you use Edmodo for book discussions so what do they write on the classroom blog?
ReplyDeleteI have been wanting to incorporate technology into my curriculum and it would have to be with writing since reading time is filled with our reading program. I've thought about having a class blog, but I'm hesitant because of our lack of computers! :)
Shannon
http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/
The last time I used Voicethread, we used it to practice our vocabulary words. We have a schoolwide list. Each student drew a picture of the word and narrated a sentence with it. I've also used it to draw recollections of field trips and collect memories.
ReplyDeleteOur classroom blog is a place we record our learning. I also use it as a sort of digital writer's notebook for the class. We use it to inform parents of events specific to our class, too.The way we use our blog is always evolving.
As far as computers go, we share 1 laptop cart with 5th grade, and I have 3 computers in my room. Somehow, we make do.
Thanks for your comment and for visiting my blog! :)