Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A Great Gathering: #txla17

I am very excited to be attending the Texas Library Association's Annual Conference this week! I call it a "great gathering" because that is indeed what it is! Librarians from all over Texas (as well as some from other states!) come together in this week to learn, grow and collectively contribute to our wonderful profession.

I look forward to the conference for several reasons:

1.) Connecting in real life with members of my PLN

I learn so much from my Twitter PLN, and I get the opportunity to see them at this conference. We already "sort of" know each other, but here we can have conversations and connect even more.

2.) Attending informative sessions that help me learn and grow

This year, I am especially looking forward to the Future Ready Librarian session with Mark Ray. It is very exciting to work toward this effort of making our libraries "future ready".

Of course, I also look forward to hearing about new books and hearing from amazing authors who help my students become lifelong readers with their work!

AND: I look forward to attending the AASL 101 session with Audrey Church!

3.) Celebrating libraries!

I think it's perfect that our conference is held during School Library Month! At TLA, we will hear about wonderful library programs throughout the state and get ideas for our own libraries!

It will be a busy week, and I hope to fit everything in! At the end, I will reflect!

P.S. I only packed FOUR pairs of shoes this time!


No comments:

Post a Comment