It is a sweet, sweet book about a friendship, and the cutest little elephant you've ever seen! The release date is set for August 26th!
When I find a beautiful picture book with a good story, I get so happy! I think about how I will share it with young readers in my library. I think about what they will say when they see the illustrations. (They always see things that I hadn't noticed.) I think about them taking the book home and enjoying it with their families! I think about the happiness it will bring everyone! These are the many reasons I am thrilled about Little Elliot Big City.
I love watching this trailer for Little Elliot:
Make sure you travel with Little Elliot on his blog tour. My blog is the first stop, and I am SO thrilled about that!
Tuesday, August 26 Librarian in Cute Shoes | @utalaniz
Wednesday, August 27 Teach Mentor Texts | @mentortexts
Thursday, August 28 Read. Write. Reflect. | @katsok
Friday, August 29 Kit Lit Frenzy | @alybee930
Saturday, August 30 Daddy Mojo | @daddymojo
Sunday, August 31 Sharp Reads | @colbysharp
Watch. Connect. Read. | @mrschureads
Nerdy Book Club | @nerdybookclub
Monday, September 1 Miss Print | @miss_print
When you visit these blogs, you'll have a chance to win some awesome Elliot stuff:
I have a Little Elliot tote and it is so adorable!
When you visit these blogs, you'll have a chance to win some awesome Elliot stuff:
You can also visit Little Elliot Big City to learn more.
Now, I am trying to find a stuffed white elephant for a Little Elliot display.* (I haven't found one yet, but I'm not giving up.) I want to celebrate Little Elliot's book birthday in my library!
*Note: After publishing this post, I learned from Mike Curato that Merrymakers, Inc. will offer a Little Elliot stuffed plush next year! Isn't this awesome news? Yes! In the meantime, I'm still looking for a stuffed white elephant.
Now, I am trying to find a stuffed white elephant for a Little Elliot display.* (I haven't found one yet, but I'm not giving up.) I want to celebrate Little Elliot's book birthday in my library!
*Note: After publishing this post, I learned from Mike Curato that Merrymakers, Inc. will offer a Little Elliot stuffed plush next year! Isn't this awesome news? Yes! In the meantime, I'm still looking for a stuffed white elephant.


The buzz around this one appears so well-deserved! I'm tearing up at the trailer. Can't wait to read it.
ReplyDeleteDanielle,
DeleteThe trailer has that effect on me, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Cynthia
Julie,
ReplyDeleteIt IS so very sweet! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Cynthia