Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hosting #nctechat!

This is National Poetry Month, and I am excited about sharing more poetry in the library. But I also love to talk poetry with other educators! This afternoon, I co-hosted a Twitter chat for the National Council of Teacher of English. My co-host was Paul Hankins.  As a member of NCTE, this was an enormous thrill for me, and I was so grateful for the opportunity.

Here is the Storify link for the chat. Many resources were shared.


I'd never hosted a chat before! It was so fun and frenzied! My computer froze just as the chat was set to begin, so I did it all on my iPad and iPhone. Thank goodness they were charged and ready to go!

Of course, as these things go, my computer started back up just fine after the chat was OVER.

So, I wrote a poem about it:


Mac Book, oh Mac Book, 
How I love your sleek design
Your bright white Apple glowing 
beckoning me to create. 

I know I require much of you--
Tabs open here--
Tabs open there--
Daily I ask this of you. DAILY. 

When you tire of my constant clicking --
Is it a message you wish to send? 
"Stay put. 
Surf no more."

I didn't heed your call and so you 
refused 
to 
turn 
on--

that color wheel 

that color wheel

--Cynthia Alaniz

Happy National Poetry Month!


No comments:

Post a Comment