Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Happy Librarian Moment

As I continue blogging in 2018, I am trying out a new format of sorts, hoping to write more regularly, share more titles, and stick to a plan. Thanks to all who stop by my little blog! This summer, my blog will turn SEVEN years old! 

At the end of each post, I will share what shoes are my current favorites, trying to incorporate my blog name and other love (of shoes)!  


The Book


One day this week I was working at the circulation desk in between classes. I had a few learners in the library working on projects and reading.  One of them walked up to me excitedly, sharing what was happening in the book he was reading and how events had been building so far. (He was throroughly enjoying the read.) I listened with intent (and happiness).

Then he said, "This book just got good!" (Which made me even happier!)

I completely understood what he meant.

As a reader, I have felt this way as well. You are going along reading a book, then from (seemingly) out of nowhere, the author puts in a plot twist and however disruptive and incredible it is, this event/detail makes the entire previous portion of the book click. As a reader, this kind of moment makes you stop and marvel. How DID the author do that? As teachers, we know it is the result of craft, skill, talent, and lots of writing!

Whatever brings about this moment, I am grateful. Readers come to this points in books with a sense of discovery, and after the awesomeness sets in, they are forever left with the understanding that these type of plot surprises (and the excitement that comes from them) comes through books and reading and connecting with story. And then they keep reading, and keep looking for moments like these, finding so many good books along the way.


What I’ve been reading:











The shoes: 


It is my day off, so for running around and doing my errands, I am wearing Skechers Microburst Supersonic Sneaker in black!

No comments:

Post a Comment