Our holiday break is here, and today is the first official day of winter! But in my neck of the woods, it is not snowing or sleeting or "snowflaking" at all. Sadly, I haven't built a snowman out of actual snow this season (although I have made a few out of paper and books). But I dream about snow (literally) and hope it will come soon! Maybe reading about it will bring it about? Books ARE magical you know!
Even though I am not experiencing the traditional winter I read about in books this time of year, this will not stop me from sharing my go-to winter titles! And while there is so much I could tell you about each one of these books, I would never actually publish this post on the first day of winter if I started to do so!
This is a mix of picture books and nonfiction, classics and recently published titles. It would be impossible to share them all, and I'm sure I've left some out, but that is what one must accept when one creates a list of this sort!
THE BOOKS:
.
I think I expect a lot from books about snow! I want them to be good books, yes, but I also want them to make me feel as if I AM in the snow -- when I am not. These books certainly do that for me, and it's one reason why I keep coming back to them.
If you have any winter books you love that are not on this list, please let me know!
Happy holidays, happy winter, and happy reading!
One more thing-- In keeping with my blog name, I am going to try to share more of my shoe choices here, posting pics when possible. So------
THE SHOES:
Even though it is not snowy here, I am still wearing my boots when I go out, though I really should have worn my Converse!





















No comments:
Post a Comment