January is indeed a time many set goals in various areas of their lives and I have definitely set a goal to eat healthier and exercise more. I have decided upon a set number -- a set destination. When I get there I will know it. I am looking towards it and marking my progress along the way.
I have also set my reading goal. I set it for myself, and I find comfort in knowing that I can adjust it as needed throughout the year. I have set a goal every year for the past five years, and I have met my goal every year. (In 2016 my goals was 400 books and I surpassed that with 420!) I have had friends cheer me on and encourage me, and when I hadn't made significant progress, I pushed myself. It was never a chore because I enjoyed the challenge. Now, I am hoping to apply the same determination and outlook to exercise. I am hoping there are parallels in reaching both goals!
My goal for 2017 is 500 books. I based that number on 2016's total, and my hope is that I can do better.
My exercise goal is to be consistent and stick to my program, and make exercise a part of my day.
So with this special time of year, I have begun working towards my reading goal of course, and I find that it is not difficult for me to remember the first books I completed the first few days of January. Here are my first three books of 2017 (in order of completion):
The Charmed Children of Rookskill Castle by Janet Fox
Skunked: Calpurnia Tate, Animal Doctor in Training by Jacqueline Kelly
Gone Camping by Tamera Will Wissinger, illus. by Matthew Cordell
These books were a great way for me start the year. I am still thinking about each of them and plan to blog about them soon.
If you have set any reading or exercise goals, I wish you the best in reaching them!
And I wish us all a great year of reading in 2017!



No comments:
Post a Comment