I created this Animoto to celebrate the highlights. It will serve as a great memory for me sometime in the future. -- a reminder of all our wonderful community accomplished together.
Most of my standout books of the fair are pictured here. (Read them all!) Some are recent releases, some have been around awhile. Each played a role in our week.
One of the best parts of the fair for me was this: as I walked around the fair and looked at the books on set-up day, I remembered when I read the book, or received my first copy of it, or heard the author speak. I had good stories to go with the books. In a way, each book had its own life!
One of the best parts of the fair for me was this: as I walked around the fair and looked at the books on set-up day, I remembered when I read the book, or received my first copy of it, or heard the author speak. I had good stories to go with the books. In a way, each book had its own life!
Reflecting now, post Book Fair, I once again reaffirm how my reading of the books prior to the fair helped immensely. (Prep work for a book fair comes months before the boxes are delivered.) Also, I cannot ever underestimate the benefit of having read a wide variety of books -- especially when asked to recommend titles. What is also beneficial is knowing readers -- which is necessary (of course) when putting these books in their hands. (Sidenote: it is AWESOME to see a student smile as they see a cover they recognize or take a hold of a future favorite book for the first time.)
If you are hosting a book fair, I wish you success! And I wish you wonderful memories as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment