Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My To-Do Lists Are To-Read Lists!


It seems that my to-do list often morphs into several other lists: lists of books I want to read, lists of books I HAVE read, list of things I want to try, lists of questions swirling around in my brain, etc.  Sometimes these lists converge, as they will here in this blog post. I hope someone finds this useful! It certainly helps me to think things through!

Books I want to read this week:

Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambless Bertman
Jack by Liesl Shurtliff
A Whole New Ballgame by Phil Bildner


Books I have read (or reread) recently:

Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley



Lucky Strike by Bobbie Pyron



Zack DelaCruz: Me and My Big Mouth  by Jeff Anderson


New things I'm doing in the library! 

Marble Run! 

I've collected lots of paper tube rolls in the library, and they're always a part of our Mobile Makerspace.  I'm using them this week to have the students create a marble run in the library that keeps changing and grows with each student that adds to it. I've collected a few resources to help me, and I will share the progress as I go! The big step will be starting! I saw a few videos on YouTube that are so fun!

Here is the beginning of our marble run. The supplies are in a basket on the floor. I leave this up all day. I'm anxious to see what it will look like in a few days. A group of 3rd graders started it off! (Notice the cups that serve as barriers.) I absolutely love the sound of their conversations as they plan and work, and I also love the sound of the marbles going through the run!

Marble runs inspire problem-solving and creativity! And they are music to my librarian ears!




March Book Madness -- Round 1

I've finally paired up all of the books for our 2nd Annual March Book Madness! I have the banner posted outside the library with a QR Code to a Google form for voting. I put the sixteen book on display in the library, but there aren't many left. In fact, as the day wore on, and we talked about MBM in classes, the books were checked out little by little. THAT is why I do March Book Madness!

I'll do another post about the match-ups this week. Here's what it looked like last year:



Right now I am reading this: 

A Handful of Stars by Cynthia Lord (out in May 2015) 




My lists grow! And they help me think and learn, too! 

Now, off I go to complete them! 












No comments:

Post a Comment