Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

ALA MidWinter 2015

Before I came to MidWinter, I had a feeling there would be some weather conditions I'd have to deal with in Chicago. But I didn't quite expect this:


I brought by most-wintery boots (one pair cute, the other not-so much) and my thickest coat. I brought four really cute scarves. I brought my gloves and ear muffs. Although all provided me warmth, I still don't think I was quite prepared. 

Besides my winter apparel, I also brought my memories of a great reading year -- and those memories have indeed prepared me for another wonderful culmination of my 2014 #kidlit experiences.

I'm not sure if my reading year is either about to begin -- or end -- when the 2015 Youth Media Award Winners are announced this morning at 8 a.m.  I only know that I am happy to be able to attend the announcement live -- and celebrate the books with many of my book friends. 

Among the awards being announced today are the Printz Award, the Pura Belpré, the Coretta Scott King Award, the Theodore Geisel Award, the Sibert Award, and, of course, the Caldecott and Newbery Awards, too. 

For a complete listing of the awards, copy/paste this link in your  browser:

http://www.ala.org/news/mediapresscenter/presskits/youthmediaawards/alayouthmediaawards

To watch the awards live, copy/paste this link in your browser: 

http://live.webcastinc.com/ala/2015/live/.

As I hear the announcements in the audience today, sitting among fellow librarians, I will most likely cry a bit, laugh, and, no doubt be grateful to be a part of this community that feeds my passion/zeal for children's literature and helps me bring good books to my students.

I am off to the YMAs now-- wearing my coat, not-so-cute boots, and definitely cute scarf - prepared for a great day in the #kidlit world. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment