| An end-of-year summer reads display designed by one of my awesome parent volunteers! I love the jellyfish hanging from the ceiling! |
But I am still thinking about the year, and reflecting upon all that it meant to me. I am writing an end-of-year piece to help me remember it all, but it's not finished yet. There is so much to think about!
I will be headed back to the library many times this summer. It will be a joy for me to do so! There are projects I want to begin, collections that need attention, and plans that need to be carried out. I already have several to-do lists.
But before my summer begins, I want to take note of just a few of my recent reads:
![]() |
| Image from Goodreads |
Thong, Roseanne G. (2014). Green is a chile pepper: A book of colors. Ill. by John Parra. San Francisco, CA: Chronicle Books. ISBN 1452102031
From my Goodreads review:
A book of poetry in Spanish and English, vividly depicting delightful scenes featuring colors. The illustrations brilliantly convey the joy of tradition, family, and celebration. A Spanish glossary is included, and endpapers resemble the entrance of a fiesta. Readers will enjoy flipping through pages and taking in every detail.
![]() |
| Image from Goodreads |
Janeczko, Paul B. (2014). Firefly July: A year of very short poems. Ill. by Melissa Sweet. Somerville, MA: Candlewick.
The poems in this lovely collection are crisp and entertaining. The illustrations are a wonder for the eyes to absorb! A great addition to any children's poetry collection.
![]() |
| Image from Goodreads |
Castellucci, Cecil. (2014). Odd duck. Ill. by Sara Varon. New York: First Second.
How I loved this delightful story! Theodora's routines were one of the great parts of this book for me. Chad enters the picture, and everything changes for Theodora. Part graphic novel, part picture book, Odd Duck takes readers on a sweet little unforgettable journey.
Two other books I've been reading but will blog about tomorrow:
VIVA FRIDA! by Yuyi Morales; photographs by Tim O'Meara
GRANDFATHER GANDHI by Arun Gandhi & Betheany Hegedus; illustrated by Evan Turk
My summer will be a busy one! But it will be filled with memories of a good year and good books.
Until my next post!



My summer vacation has just started and my "To Do" list is already getting long. It's a great idea to reflect on the past year and think about what the next should look like. Keep reviewing new titles, this is an excellent source for classroom teachers.
ReplyDelete~ Michael
The Color of Sound
Thank you for reading my blog, Michael! And especially for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it.
DeleteYes, I want to make the time to reflect, although it is still a busy summer. I wish you success on your "To-Do" list and hope you get through it.
I am learning how to review books, and it is my hope to get better and better at it. So I am very glad that someone found my review useful.
Gratefully,
Cynthia