There is so much for me to learn.
When I turn the pages of these books---
and others-- I continue to be amazed and thankful at the talent of these illustrators. With each page, they have created pieces of art that we can carry and hold and look at again and again. Not only do the words soothe and entertain us, but the artwork transports us, and connects us to beauty no matter where we are.
I'm trying to learn from others and teach myself. I have begun to delve into art books from our library, and I have been finding online sources, too. I could not have predicted a year ago that my learning would take me here, but it has. Sitting at my kitchen table, I am a learner, reading, writing, asking questions, and seeking answers.
I hope to start a book discussion group in my area soon. I want to talk about books with others because I know that in a discussion I will think, formulate a response, and share it. I will have to rethink my ideas in light of better ones.
The picture book I'm reading now:
RAPUNZEL by Paul O. Zelinsky
Published by: Dutton Children's Books
Published: 1997
Pages: 48
It won the Caldecott Medal in 1998. How I wish I could have been at THAT Newbery/Caldecott Banquet.





No comments:
Post a Comment